I don't know about everyone else, but it seems that events that involve eating always come in groups. I could handle one but these are usually things out of my control. This week end, for instance, we had a festival in our little town with lots and lots of fair food (this is my only time to try some of the new concoctions by some of these places). Then the next morning was a meeting where breakfast was provided. Last night was a celebration I was hosting at 8 pm with lots of snacky foods. And this afternoon we have a get together at church and I'm not sure if food will be there.
I could be callous and once I have done my one indulgence for the week be done with it, but often these special occasions only come up every once in a while and are all together. I need to work on my self-control and make better initial choices. I did that at the festival. It was the leftover food from the kids that I wanted to try. I could have brought my own breakfast and refused the breakfast at the meeting, but I am a social eater and thought it would be better just to eat there instead of eating then feeling pressure to eat again there. Last night was just a bust. I was constantly snacking as things were getting ready. On the bright side I did eat a lot of veggies.
I'm ready for this wave to be over.
No comments:
Post a Comment